The best three days in virtual gaming has just come to end and I am on an emotional roller coaster. I have spent the last few months pouring lots of energy into assisting with the preparations and execution of the convention and I feel well, emotionally drained. This is not a bad thing when you enjoy doing this type of volunteer work for the RPG community. The core volunteer group numbered just fourteen, but we would not have been able to pull it off without the all the gamemasters that ran 60+ sessions, mot to mention the pickups. The virtual panel moderators and contest masters were just as integral to the overall success as well. All-in-all, the volunteer pool numbered 40+ this year. So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you to all those that assisted with planning, GM’ing, moderating and executing the contests!
What did I play this weekend?
1. Silent Memories – an interesting semi-cooperative RPG
2. DCC RPG – The Well of Souls
3. Monsters & Other Childish Things – an interesting approach to horror from the lens of children
4. Lacuna – a very interesting “matrix”-ish kind of game that is mashed up with James Bond missions of sorts
5. Mouse Guard – adapted to the FUDGE RPG rules. Not a bad adaptation at all.
I ran a session of DCC RPG on Saturday morning and was part of a discussion panel on Sunday morning. I really enjoyed both of these. I was a little nervous about speaking on the panel, but it was fun and I thinking about using this “on-air” hangouts for other things throughout the year. A link to the panel is here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kWj80GqMV3c
Hands this Is the best three days in virtual gaming! I am looking forward to helping with VirtuaCon 2015